Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Phil Hughes Discusses His Velocity

Phil had a Q&A on his blog today, and was asked about his loss of velocity during the second half of last season. Here is what he had to say:
After coming back from my injury last season my mechanics were a little out of whack. This led to a little loss of velocity and command. When Dave (Eiland) arrived in September we were able to work out some things and I think that had a lot to do with the success I had at the end of the season. It was nice to finish off the year on a good note so I have something to work toward to get back to my normal self in 2008.
This should put to rest some of the worries regarding his velocity. I really don't know why people are still worried anyway, Hughes was 3-0 with a 2.73 ERA in September, and everyone remembers his great performance in game 3 of the ALDS.
He could be in for a very good year in 2008, especially with Dave Eiland around all season.


Marc A. said...

This is very good to hear.

Big Time Yanks Fan said...

Yea Marc it relly is, I just hope he remains a Yankee, and they don't do something stupid like include him in a deal for Johan.