Saturday, March 29, 2008

Murcer To Miss Opening Day

One Yankee that will not be in the Bronx on Monday is broadcaster and fan favorite, Bobby Murcer. Murcer has been fighting brain cancer and says he's too weak to resume his duties because of the chemotherapy he's been ungergoing.

"You have no idea how disappointing it is for me not to be able to be there for Opening Day, especially this particular Opening Day," Murcer told the Daily News yesterday by phone. "But right now, I just don't have the strength I had last year."

Murcer also said that he was "making slow improvement, but it's been a rough few weeks. Tell all my friends I'm going to really miss them next week, but in between the plane ride and all the activities, it would just be a little too much for me right now. It's for the best I stay home here and get my rest." He also didn't know when he would be able to return to the booth. Hopefully it will be sometime very soon - Get well soon Bobby.

0 Comments: