Friday, March 28, 2008

Final Cuts Made, Yanks Roster Set

Peter Abraham is reporting that the Yankees have reassigned these players:
INF Nick Green
RHP Scott Patterson
RHP Jose Veras
LHP Kei Igawa
RHP Edwar Ramirez
RHP Jose Veras

LHP Andy Pettitte was retroactively placed on the 15-day DL. He is eligible to come off on Saturday.
Darrell Rasner, Brett Gardner, Cody Ransom, Jason Lane, Jason Brown, Greg Porter and Bernie Castro were also reassigned earlier in the day.

OPENING DAY ROSTER

Lineup: Damon LF, Jeter SS, Abreu RF, Rodriguez 3B, Giambi 1B, Posada C, Matsui DH, Cano 2B, Cabrera CF

Bench: Duncan 1B/OF, Betemit INF, Ensberg 1B/3B, Molina C

Starting Staff: Wang, Mussina, Hughes, Kennedy, Pettitte (DL will be added Saturday)

Bullpen: Rivera, Chamberlain, Farnsworth, Hawkins, Ohlendorf, Bruney, Traber, Albaladejo

As Peter points out, once Pettitte is activated one of the relievers will be sent to AAA, I'm guessing it'll be Albaladejo.

I would have given Patterson a shot, he only gave up one hit all spring (7.2IP, 1H, 0R, 0BB, 7K), and retired 23 out of 24 batters. I know, I know, he doesn't have any MLB experience, but as Joe Girardi said earlier in the week, "I'm not a big believer that you have to have big league experience to be successful." I'm sure he'll be called up at some point this year.

I am glad they didn't take a long man, because at this point I don't think they need one. Maybe down the road, but not now.

The bench could have used some speed instead of two guys who are basically the same hitter (Duncan and Ensberg), but besides that this roster overall looks solid. As long as they stay healthy this could be a very good team.

6 Comments:

Stacey said...

Matsui DH or Damon DH?
You set them both as LF

Greg Cohen said...

Oh my mistake, hahaha, thanks Stacey.
Matsui DH.

Stacey said...

you're welcome :)

Anonymous said...

warhammer gold warhammer money warhammer accounts tibia money tibia gold tibia item runescape accounts buy runescape accounts runescape money runescape gold runescape gp runescape power leveling runescape powerleveling cheap rs2 powerleveling runescape equipment buy rs equipment runescape runes cheap rs2 runes runescape logs cheap rs2 logs runescape items buy runescape items runescape quest point rs2 quest point cheap runescape questpoint runescape gold runescape items runescape power leveling runescape money runescape gold buy runescape gold buy runescape money runescape items runescape accounts runescape gp runescape accounts runescape money runescape power leveling runescape powerleveling tibia gold dofus kamas buy dofus kamas wow power leveling wow powerleveling runescape questpoint rs2 questpoint Warcraft PowerLeveling Warcraft Power Leveling World of Warcraft PowerLeveling World of Warcraft Power Leveling Hellgate money Hellgate gold buy runescape logs buy rs2 items cheap runescape items Hellgate London gold Guild Wars Gold buy Guild Wars Gold runescape items rs2 accounts cheap rs2 equipments lotro gold buy lotro gold buy runescape money buy runescape gold buy runescape runes lotro gold buy lotro gold runescape money runescape gold cheap rs2 powerleveling eve isk eve online isk buy runescape power leveling rs2 power leveling tibia gold tibia item runescape accounts Fiesta Silver Fiesta Gold Scions of Fate Gold Hellgate Palladium Hellgate London Palladium SOF Gold Age Of Conan Gold AOC Gold ArchLord gold tibia money tibia gold runescape accounts runescape gold cheap rs2 powerleveling buy ArchLord gold DDO Plat Dungeons and Dragons Online Plat

Anonymous said...

At one time or another, I do not have the Atlantica online Gold ; at the first time, I am not willing to buy Atlantica Gold . But I do not wonder I buy the Atlantica online money , my friend thinks that I am ill. But when I have it, it carries the magic from such a group, such a link in the world, cheap Atlantica online Gold , it is the key bring you to this world. But buy Atlantica online Gold is the best desire that I make.

Without thinking I buy some dofus kamas . I use some kamas and want to find a good group. We often buy cheap kamas together on Monday. As if it is a rule. I think it is the real friendship. buy dofus kamas is already become the essential thing in my life. So I will introduce my friends have the dofus gold , we can be consist of a group, it must be very interesting.

buy runescape said...

Now do you worried about that in the game do not had enough wakfu kamas to play the game, now you can not worried, my friend told me a website, in here you can buy a lot wakfu gold and only spend a little money, do not hesitate, it was really, in here we had much wakfu money, we can sure that you will get the wakfu kama, quick to come here to buy wakfu kamas.

Now do you worried about that in the game do not had enough runescape gold to play the game, now you can not worried, my friend told me a website, in here you can buy a lot rs gold and only spend a little money, do not hesitate, it was really, in here we had much runescape money, we can sure that you will get the cheap rs gold, quick to come here to buy runescape.