Monday, March 16, 2009

He May Be Stupid, But At Least He Has A Conscience

Apparently, after thinking about it for a while Cano realized he should have told the Yankees about his injury. Here's some more from George A. King III:
Given a second chance Robinson Cano would have told the Yankees his right shoulder was barking in the beginning of the month. Even if it meant not playing for the Dominican Republic in the WBC.
...

"Maybe if I told them in the beginning I probably would have been good by this time,'' said Cano, who doesn't feel the discomfort swinging a bat or tossing lightly. He does feel it when he tries to cut loose with a throw.

"They said the next time if I feel something to tell them.''

It sounds like Cano was torn between telling the Yankees and not representing his country.

"It's about your country, not playing to have fun,'' Cano said. "I don't want to be the one guy where they say, 'We need you'' and you don't want to play.''

...

"The next time I would tell them before I leave,'' Cano said. "Even if they tell me I can't be in the (WBC). This is more important, this is where I belong.'
Congrats Robbie, you do have a clue.

11 Comments:

Mario said...

you call it stupid, i call it immaturity...

Rich said...

As long as he busts his butt all season and hits > .310 with an ISO D > .050, all his forgiven.

Rich said...

As long as he busts his butt all season and hits > .310 with an ISO D > .050, all his forgiven.

Anonymous said...

I down on Cano he is very valuable to yankees but the yankees need to punish him. So the yankees should trade his buddy Melky. Maybe that will wake up Cano.

Anonymous said...

how would trading a future prodigy help? lol

Anonymous said...

Future..prodigy?..

Anonymous said...

FREE Fantasy Baseball League at Sports Radio NY. Win up to $150 at http://www.sportsradiony.com/fantasy.htm

New forum at http://forum.sportsradiony.com

Anonymous said...

Greg,
Should we start considering that Igawa might be the long man? Or, ahead of Hughes as a 6th starter? This guy has been FLAWLESS this spring!

Anonymous said...

I think Angel Berroa is more deserving of a starting spot than Cano this spring. Bench him. Cano dosen't have a clue and he'll just do something else untill his playing time is taken away. I think this is the only thing that will sink in unless there's someone ripping into him keeping him in line every second of the day.

Greg Cohen said...

Peter,

If he wasn't Kei Igawa I'd say yes. He'd probably have the job wrapped up already. Luckily for us, he is Kei Igawa and the Yankees have no trust in him.

Scotty B said...

Melky future prodigy hahahah....I'm one of the biggest Yankee homers out there and I even find that funny. I wish someone would be willing to trade us something useful for Melky.