Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rollins: Phils in Five

Phillies short stop and loudmouth Jimmy Rollins was on "The Jay Leno Show" last night and was asked about the upcoming series, here's what he had to say: "Of course we're gonna win. If we're nice, we'll let it go six, but I'm thinking five, close it out at home."

A few Yankees were told about the comments and here's what they said:

Mariano Rivera: "I could care less what he said. That’s not what is going to happen."

"What he says and what's going to happen is far from that. You know what I mean? I wouldn't expect nothing less coming from. We'll see what happens. We'll see what happens."

"What do you think I'm going to say if I talk about my team? That we're going to lose? No. But that doesn't mean it's going to happen."


A.J. Burnett: "I know Jimmy and Jimmy is very confident. In my mind that’s not a knock at us. It’s him having confidence in his team.’’

Johnny Damon: “What do you expect him to say and what do you expect Phillies fans to expect? I wish he had predicted it the other way but then there would have been a lot of angry Phillies fans."

UPDATED With more responses from the Yanks:

Jorge Posada: “He’s Nostradamus, that’s what I heard. He’s been doing a lot of good predictions, so we have to take that away from him.’’

Joba Chamberlain: “Jimmy is Jimmy. He wouldn’t be Jimmy if he didn’t do that. And you what, he’s got to go out and play the game. Jimmy does a great job of promoting the game of baseball and the interest that there is going to be the two teams. Jimmy is Jimmy."

Mark Teixeira: "If you guys know Jimmy, you know he loves that."

To be honest I wouldn't expect Rollins to say anything different, he has made a habit of making bold statements. But still if I'm a Phillies fan I wonder why our star shortstop had to give the Yankees bulletin board material.

blog comments powered by Disqus