Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Vazquez: I'm glad to be back

Mark Feinsand has some quotes from the newest Yankee from today's conference call he had with the beat writers, here are some of those:
“I’m glad to be back. I’m excited to be a part of the team again. Everyone that knows me knows I didn’t want to leave my first time out.”
He also said he knows "how to pitch a little bit more" than he did in 2004. And that he's learned "a lot from the mistakes you’ve made in the past.”

Regarding his poor second half in the '04 season he said his “arm didn’t feel as good as it did in the first half, and it’s really the only time in my career that I’ve felt a little that my arm wasn’t where it was supposed to be. … It may have been my mistake that I never said anything, but that’s over with. I’m ready for a brand new start.”

blog comments powered by Disqus