Thursday, March 11, 2010

Writers Selection Complete, And Some Other Updates on the Blog

After a few tough weeks, I've finally picked the new writers for Sliding Into Home. There will be enough new writers to fill out a lineup card, as ten new people will be joining the SIH team. They, along with me and the other writers, will cover it all; the majors, the minors, the rest of baseball outside of Yankeeland, as well as provide you with new insights and opinions that this blog has needed for a while. There will also be some guest posts along the way from a couple other writers who won't be contributing regularly, but will chime in with some different perspectives during specific parts of the season. I'll introduce them at a later time.

Please don't take it personally if you were not picked. Over the last few days and weeks I've been struggling with my final selections, but it just came down to people who fit the needs of the blog. If I could have brought everyone that emailed me on board I would have, because as I said the other day, there wasn't one person who wasn't qualified or good enough.

I should also take this opportunity to thank everyone who emailed me. The response was so much greater than I expected and I'm very flattered that so many of you wanted to write for the site.

(drum roll)

The New Sliding Into Home Team:

Frank Barra
Al Briggs
JBigman
Jgavriel
Bob Johnston (crossfire)
Domenic L.
Joe Lynskey
Leigh Mayo
Robert Nicholson
Joe Solosky (Joe)
TDC

You will get to know more about all of them over the course of the next two weeks or so.

Now adding 11 writers is a lot, I know this, and there are issues that will have to be dealt with. Well, I'm here to assure you that I will take care of that. All new posts from now on will be screened so that you guys aren't forced to sift through a bunch of stuff you don't want to read. More posts will also be truncated for easier viewing. At least now if you want to ignore a post you won't have too far to scroll. I will also control the flow of posts so that things don't get out of hand. Also, many of the new writers won't be writing daily, and I've told them all to aim for quality over quantity. Remember, the reasons for these additions is to make this place a better, more well-rounded source of all things Yankee, not to make it worse, and I will do everything in my power to make sure that goal is achieved.

With that I'd like to ask you guys for some input. What types of posts and topics would you like to see more of on the blog?

And now about those other updates... I've recently adjusted the banner so that it's now centered. I've also added a menubar above the posts for easy navigation. And the work on the message board is nearing completion. In the next few days I will post two links to two different message boards and then you guys can check it out and vote for the one that we go with. I figure that since you guys are the ones that will be using it you should have a say.

So let me know your thoughts on the new additions and tweaks to the site, I'm very interested in your feedback.

Thanks!

blog comments powered by Disqus