Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Aceves To The DL

The Yankees place right-hand pitcher Alfredo Aceves on the 15-day DL today with a bulging disc. Here's some quotes from Ace and Girardi via Mark Feinsand:
"He felt fine until he had to actually go through the movement," Girardi said. "Just walking around, in the tub, the stretching, he felt fine. When he had to (throw), he felt it grab. I was optimistic."

Said Aceves, "As soon as I got loose and put in a little bit of power, it pinched me. I've got to shut it down for more couple of days. We'll see."

Aceves said he's suffering from a bulging disk, so he will fly back to New York today, though he said he won't be examined by a doctor and undergo tests until tomorrow.

"I'm going to take my time to get back," Aceves said. "I want to get back and try to pitch to help my team. I don't want to rush. And I don't want to rush my back."
This is a rough loss for the Yanks, and makes the return of Chan Ho Park that much more important. Any updates from his examination tomorrow and I'll post them here.

blog comments powered by Disqus