Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cashman Expects New Deal By End Of Month

From Bryan Hoch:
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman believes that he will have a new contract in place by the time his current deal expires on Halloween, remaining in the position he has held since 1998.

"It'll get done between now and Oct. 31st, I'm sure," Cashman said. "I can't promise, but I think that's what everybody expects. I know it's something that everybody has to follow. But that's not a pressing circumstance, as far as something I'm worried about right now."

Cashman said that he has no flights booked to meet with managing general partner Hal Steinbrenner at the Yankees' base in Tampa, Fla., but a new contract would not necessarily have to be negotiated face to face.

"I'm sure it could get done over the phone, from my perspective," said Cashman, who is completing a three-year, $6 million agreement with the club. "I don't want to speak for him."
It appears that these negotiations will go as smoothly as everyone pretty much expects.

blog comments powered by Disqus