Monday, January 7, 2008

Baseball America's Top 10 Yankees Prospects

Last week I posted Baseball America's top ten Yankees prospects here.

Here's that list again:

1. Joba Chamberlain, rhp
2. Austin Jackson, of
3. Jose Tabata, of
4. Ian Kennedy, rhp
5. Alan Horne, rhp
6. Jesus Montero, c
7. Jeff Marquez, rhp
8. Brett Gardner, of
9. Ross Ohlendorf, rhp
10. Andrew Brackman, rhp

The full online article came out today on the Baseball America website. Here is their rankings of players with the best tools;

Best Hitter for Average - Jose Tabata
Best Power Hitter -
Jesus Montero
Best Strike-Zone Discipline -
Brett Gardner
Fastest Baserunner -
Brett Gardner
Best Athlete -
Austin Jackson
Best Fastball -
Joba Chamberlain
Best Curveball -
Joba Chamberlain
Best Slider -
Joba Chamberlain
Best Changeup -
Edwar Ramirez
Best Control -
Ian Kennedy
Best Defensive Catcher -
Fransico Cervelli
Best Defensive Infielder -
Alberto Gonzalez
Best Infield Arm - Marcos Vechionacci
Best Defensive Outfielder - Austin Jackson
Best Outfield Arm -
Seth Fortenberry

And the projected 2011 Yankees lineup:

Catcher- Austin Romine
First Base - Jesus Montero
Second Base - Robinson Cano
Third Base - Alex Rodriguez
Shortstop - Derek Jeter
Left Field - Brett Gardner
Center Field - Austin Jackson
Right Field - Jose Tabata
Designated Hitter - Bobby Abreu

No. 1. Starter -
Joba Chamberlain
No. 2. Starter - Phil Hughes
No. 3. Starter - Chien-Ming Wang
No. 4. Starter - Ian Kennedy
No. 5. Starter - Alan Horne

Closer - Mark Melancon

For the full article go here.

Steve Lombardi over at WasWatching.com had a very good post today about the weaknesses of our top ten prospects. Go give it a read.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

On account of I have fiesta Gold , I am not afraid of the lonely. At that time I do not know the meaning of it. Later I buy fiesta money . And every time, I have no fiesta online gold , I will feel very anxious. Why I buy fiesta Gold , please it gives me such a warm place. At the moment, I have fiesta online money .

At one time or another, I do not have the Atlantica online Gold ; at the first time, I am not willing to buy Atlantica Gold . But I do not wonder I buy the Atlantica online money , my friend thinks that I am ill. But when I have it, it carries the magic from such a group, such a link in the world, cheap Atlantica online Gold , it is the key bring you to this world. But buy Atlantica online Gold is the best desire that I make.