Friday, April 25, 2008

It Wasn't Joba's Fault

From the title of this post you may be thinking I'm going to talk about the game yesterday. Well I'm not. What I am going to talk about is the video going around the web (Deadspin, Home Run Derby, Was Watching) today of ESPN's Erin Andrews interviewing Joba Chamberlain. Here's the video:

At the end of the interview it appears that something pissed Andrews off, and many people are speculating that it was something Joba said. Deadspin said "Joba Chamberlain Makes Clumsy Pass At Erin Andrews, Becomes Mortal".

Well it turns out that was not the case at all. SI.com's Hot Clicks emailed her about it and this was her response:
He said nothing of the sort. He's a sweetheart. It was my fault. I was looking over at my producer at the end, asking him what we needed to get next from him because I had to do another interview with him about the bugs in Cleveland. Again, my fault I shouldn't have looked away so quick. I didn't think that would be included on interview.
So that's that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

He didnt do anything, it looks like he was saying yeah okay or something like that, the whole interview you can see her looking to the side anyway so she was looking at her producer.

Greg Cohen said...

Yes, I know. That's even what she said in her response. I just posted this so that anyone who may have seen this on other sites like Deadspin who were trying to make it seem like Joba was an idiot got the real story.