Friday, October 3, 2008

Mark Mussina Doesn't Think Mike Will Retire

Mark Mussina is Mike Mussina's brother. He writes a blog for 1570 AM in Baltimore. Earlier this week he posted this (via ):
Before I get to playoff match-ups, I want to say thank you for all the kind words regarding Mike’s season, and that I really don’t know what he is going to do next year. I think he was mentally prepared to retire, but after doing so well, and knowing how close the Hall of Fame is (some people think he’s in already, but who knows) I think it’s going to be hard to walk away. At this point, that’s all I will say about Mike. I don’t want to rile up the haters. They’ve had a tough year as it is. So, on to the playoffs.
Mark probably knows his brother as well as anyone, so this might be very good news for the Yankees. Since CC is probably not coming to New York, it's very important that they get Mussina back. Especially if he can have a year close to what he did in '08.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I hope he doesn't retire, the Yankees are definitely going to need him next season.

Greg Cohen said...

Yes they really do.

Check out this post over at River Ave. Blues. Apparently his wife may be the reason he doesn't come back.

Come on Moose, who wears the pants in that house?