Friday, March 13, 2009

Woman Claims Bernie Hit Her (UPDATED)

From NorthJersey.com:
A woman has filed a complaint against former Yankees center fielder Bernie Williams for allegedly hitting her at a nightclub while she took his picture.

Officer Angel Nazario said the woman claimed Williams snatched the camera, damaged it and hit her in the face. The incident allegedly happened around 2:30 a.m. Thursday at a San Juan nightclub, hours after the Puerto Rican team beat the Netherlands 5-0 in the World Baseball Classic.

...

Officer Marisol de Jesus said police are investigating.

Team manager Lou Melendez did not immediately return a call for comment.

I don't know what to say about this besides I hope it isn't true. Bernie wouldn't do something like this, would he?

UPDATE 12:30 p.m.: I just got this in my email box. Bernie's manager Steve Fortunato, just released this statement:
Yesterday evening we learned of the filing of a complaint against Mr. Bernie Williams. The news has taken us all by surprise. On the night in question, Mr. Williams had gone out after accepting an invitation to be a guest performer with a local music act. Mr. Williams denies any wrongdoing and we feel that some published media reports today are inaccurate. At this time, Mr. Williams has been advised by his legal counsel, José M. Marxuach, to not make any further comments, inasmuch as we do not want to interfere with the ongoing investigation. We want to assure everyone that Mr. Williams will fully cooperate with the local authorities to have this matter clarified as soon as possible.

14 Comments:

Anonymous said...

BERNIE IS BEING FRAMED!!! SHE IS PROBABLY LOOKING FOR A PAYDAY & MAKING IT UP. I BET SHE IS A RED SOX FAN.

Anonymous said...

I don't want to believe it!!! I flove Bernie! But you just never know... I hope the truth comes out!

Anonymous said...

First Chris Brown, now Bernie! Wuts next bobby brown & ike turner???

Anonymous said...

I think it's probably false.

Rich said...

Presumed. Innocent.

Anonymous said...

Rich if he beat your Mom would u say that?

Rich said...

Jenny,

That's why I would never be permitted to sit on a jury if my (late) mom had been a victim.

I can be objective in this case, unlike in that one. So if the evidence was inculpatory, I would be able to convict Bernie. If it's exculpatory, I would acquit.

I doubt that you would want every accusation to be treated as fact without being tested, right?

As far as I know, Bernie has no history of violence against women, so I think a presumption of innocence is fair until and unless more facts are adduced.

Anonymous said...

wow jenny u got tittied

Margo said...

No Way Bernie Williams did this.

Brian Danuff said...

Bernie wouldn't do this. I met him 2 years back and he was so kind.

I asked him for an autograph and a picture with him and he gladly gave it to me.

(I know I'm not a 20-year old women but still, he's like that with fans all ages)

Anonymous said...

this happened in puerto rico.. im sure its false just to make some money.. and besides, im sure she deserved it too

Anonymous said...

You really ment him YankeeBoy? How did you feel when you saw him in real life? In the first Anons way. LOOKING FOR A PAYDAY.

Anonymous said...

Jennie our constitution and court system is based upon Innocent until PROVEN guilty.

Greg Cohen said...

That's awesome YankeeBoy.

Anyway, I'm gonna believe Bernie on this one.