Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Javy's Back, Now What? UPDATED

Updates (5:45 PM): From the Ledger, via Twitter:
Cashman: "Left field is an evolving situation. Stay tuned." But he says it won't be a big piece.
Also, regarding the starting LF's spot as of now:
Cashman: "Brett Gardner is now in a position to be an every day player for us."
Is Johnny Damon considered a big piece? I know that Bay and Holliday are, and I am not set with Gardner starting everyday. How about you?
BTW, it's also said that Granderson is the CF as of now, but that could very well change at anytime.

Original post: This trade has split Yankee fans seemingly down the middle, on whether or not it's a good trade. I, personally, like the trade. Sure, I'll miss Melky, and Javy's a guy who everyone remembers for that one disastrous game, but I like it. Now, there's a hole in left field that I'd rather not be filled by Brett Gardner. I would LOVE it if the Yanks brought back Johnny Damon. One of my favorite Yankees, there's now an opening for him. There's also Mark DeRosa, and the usual names (the more expensive ones)- Jason Bay and Matt Holliday. I hope they just sign Damon, maybe add a bullpen arm or two, and call it a winter. What do you guys think?

blog comments powered by Disqus