- Today: Indians walked Tex to load the bases for A-Rod. He then hits another grand slam extending the Yankees lead from 2-1 to 6-1.
- 5/14/10: Twins walk A-Rod to load the bases and Alex turns a 4-3 deficit into a 7-4 lead with a grand slam.
- 10/4/09: Tampa's Andy Sonnanstine walked Tex to load the bases in the top of the sixth. A-Rod then launched his second homer of the inning to cap off a 10-run rally by the Yanks.
- 9/22/09: Angels reliever Darren Oliver walks Tex to load the bases for A-Rod with one out in the ninth of a 5-5 game. A-Rod hits a sac fly and the Yankees go on to win 6-5.
- 8/18/09: The Yankees lead the A's 4-2 in the top of the sixth when Tex came up with Damon on second and Jeet on third, and the A's decide to walk Tex to load em up for Alex. A-Rod draws a walk to bring in a run.
- 6/28/09: The Mets walk Tex with two out and a man on second. A-Rod walks.
- 6/25/09: With the Yankees leading the Braves 8-6 in the top of the seventh, Braves pitcher (at the time) Boone Logan walked Teixeira intentionally to load the bases for A-Rod. Alex responded by hitting a two-run single off Peter Moylan.
- 6/12/09: Mark Teixeira was intentionally walked by Francisco Rodriguez in front of A-Rod. Alex then hit that popup that Luis Castillo dropped leading to a 9-8 Yankees victory. The ruling on the play was that A-Rod reached on an error, no RBIs, but the Yanks stole the game.
- 6/2/09: Greg Aquino intentionally walked Mark Teixeira to load the bases for A-Rod. Rodriguez, who was now facing Luis Vizcaino, hit a hard grounder just off Asdrubal Cabrera's glove for a two-run single to give the Yanks a 5-1 lead.
That's 5-for-6 with 3 HR and 18 RBI. I'm not sure why Michael Kay forgot about the Castillo play when he mentioned on the air that A-Rod was 5-for-5 when Tex was walked in front of him, but maybe he was only talking about situations where the walk loaded the bases. Either way, walking Tex to face A-Rod has only led to pain for the other teams. Hopefully, they continue to keep making that mistake.