Here are some links for you while you wait for the Yankees-Sox series to begin.
- Daniel Moroz from Beyond the Box Score wrote this article for ESPN Insider about Robinson Cano, and how his hot start is no fluke.
- Eno Sarris of the Bloomber Sports blog wrote about Phil Hughes' hot start. Hughes has obviously had some luck--.162 BABIP--but as the article states, he's also been very good as well.
- Earlier, I wrote about the new Shutdown and Meltdown stats. For more on the subject check out this post over at Fack Youk.
- Fangraphs takes a look a Brett Gardner and his approach at the plate. They highlight his patience and ability to make contact within the strike zone.
- Here's some more on the A-Rod-Braden situation, also from Fangraphs.
- The New York media defeated the Boston media 20-3 in their annual media game.
- To avoid falling victim to the SI Cover jinx, the Bubble Wrap company has sent Derek Jeter his own special no. 2 bubble wrap.