Yankee Stadium - Bronx, NY
Game Time - 7:05 p.m.
TV: YES | Radio: WCBS | XM: 176
Here are the lineups:
Derek Jeter SS
Nick Swisher RF
Mark Teixeira 1B
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Robinson Cano 2B
Jorge Posada DH
Curtis Granderson CF
Francisco Cervelli C
Brett Gardner LF
Pitching: RHP Phil Hughes (6-1, 2.70 ERA)
Corey Patterson LF
Miguel Tejada 3B
Nick Markakis RF
Ty Wigginton 1B
Luke Scott DH
Matt Wieters C
Adam Jones CF
Scott Moore 2B
Cesar Izturis SS
Pitching: RHP Brad Bergesen (3-3, 5.96 ERA)
“I know that I can catch and I know that I can be out there,” he said. “But a lot of circumstances have come. I’m going to have to be smart about it. If I’m in the lineup, I’m happy. I would like to catch here and there sometimes, but I understand what the future holds.”Sounds like a guy whose days of being an everyday catcher are behind him. He also said he should be at 100% in about two or three weeks, which likely means he will be the everyday DH until at least then.
- Phil Hughes has faced the Orioles 9 times, 6 as a starter, and is 2-2, with a 5.97 ERA. He's made on start against them this year and in 5.2 innings allowed a run on 2 hits, walked 4, and struck out 2 in a no decision. Here are some of Phil's 2010 stats: FIP: 3.03, xFIP: 3.63, BABIP: .265, K/9: 9.05, BB/9: 3.12, HR/9: 0.64, GB rate: 38.3%, WAR: 1.5.
- Brad Bergesen has only faced the Yankees one time, and that came last year in a loss. He last 6.1 innnings that day and allowed 4 runs on 3 hits, walked 4, and struck out 2.
- Robinson Cano has an 15-game hitting streak. Over the course of the streak he's hitting .453/.455/.672 with 2 HR, 17 RBI, 8 doubles, and he's walked just one time.
- Derek Jeter comes into tonight with an 9-game hitting streak. He's also hit safely in 18 of his last 19, and in those 19 games has hit .369/.424/.476 with a homer, 9 RBI and 6 doubles.
- Nick Swisher is hitting .400/.455/.733 with 2 HR, 4 RBI and 4 doubles over his last seven games.
- Alex Rodriguez is hitting 337/.406/.576 with 5 HR, 7 doubles, and 24 RBI since May 7th.
- The Yankees are 6-1 against the Orioles this season.
- Click on the team name for the Yankees or Orioles 2010 batting stats.
- If you can spare a few minutes don't forget to come sign up for the forums. And like always, the chat room in the forums is open.