Game 1: Tonight @ 7:05 p.m. TV: YES Radio: WCBS
RHP Javy Vazquez (8-7, 4.68) vs. RHP Jake Westbrook (6-6, 4.74)
Game 2: Tuesday @ 7:05 p.m. TV: MY9 Radio: WCBS
LHP CC Sabathia (13-3, 3.18) vs. RHP Josh Tomlin (0-0, 0.00)
Game 3: Wednesday @ 7:05 p.m. TV:YES Radio: WCBS
RHP AJ Burnett (8-8, 4.77) vs. RHP Fausto Carmona (10-7, 3.51)
Game 4: Thursday @ 7:05 p.m. TV: YES Radio: WCBS
RHP Sergio Mitre (0-2, 3.99) vs. RHP Mitch Talbot (8-9, 4.08)
Series At A Glance
- The Yankees are (62-35) and maintain the best record in baseball
- The Yankees are 7-3 in their last 10 games.
- Despite poor performances from Derek Jeter, and Curtis Granderson the Yankees have the highest scoring offense in baseball.
- The Yankees keep maintaining a close but comfortable lead of the Rays at 3 games. And continue to gain ground on the injury riddled Red Sox
- The story of this series will be all about Alex Rodriguez and 600. All the Yankees need to do is take care of business and either sweep or take at least 3 of 4 to avoid disappointment.
- The Indians are just (41-57) and only Seattle, and Baltimore have worse records then them in the AL.
- The Indians are just 7-3 in their last 10 games.
- They have scored 403 runs and allowed 472
- Indians starter in Game 2 Josh Tomlin will be making his Season Debut
- The Indians are a team without direction. They are a poor team with little promise for the future. As has been said often former Indian Aces CC Sabathia and Cliff Lee started against each other in the first game of the 2009 World Series.
- When will number 600 come for Alex Rodriguez?
- Can Sergio Mitre do a respectable job filling in for the injured Andy Pettitte?
- Can Curtis Granderson build on success and get hot for the first time this season?
- DH/1B Nick Johnson is on the 60-day DL with an inflamed tendon in the wrist. Set back on July 5th set to visit a wrist specialist.
- RHP Alfredo Aceves is on the 15-day DL with lower back discomfort. Was unable to finish his latest bullpen session.
- LHP Damaso Marte is on the 15-day DL with an inflamed left shoulder
- LHP Andy Pettitte has a Grade 1 groin strain. Expected to miss 4-5 weeks.
- 3B Alex Rodriguez was HBP during Sunday's game. He should be ready to go.
- RF Austin Kearns is day-to-day with Right Knee Soreness
- LHP Aaron Laffey is on the 15-day DL Left Shoulder Fatigue
- RHP Anthony Reyes is on the 60-day DL with Right Shoulder inflammation
- CF Grady Sizemore is on the 60-day DL with a deep bone bruise in left knee.
- RHP Kerry Wood is on the 15-day DL with a blister on right index finger
If you have a twitter account, I have created a personal twitter account for the blog as an individual writer. Click here to follow SIH on twitter and here to follow me on twitter. I will be posting breaking news, occasionally live blogging, as well as posting photo's from Yankee Stadium when I attend games.