Sorry I've been getting these out so late, I've been extremely busy lately. Anyway, yesterday was an easy win for the Yanks, so how about some quick bullet points?
- The Yankees mashed five home runs yesterday on their way to an 11-5 win over Toronto. The five HR tied a season high for the Yanks. Mark Teixeira, Jorge Posada, Curtis Granderson, Marcus Thames, and Derek Jeter all went yard.
- Along with the homer, Tex also racked up a four-hit night and drove in two.
- Posada also had four hits and two RBI.
- Thames and Granderson had three hits each, Thames drove in two, Granderson knocked in three.
- Dustin Moseley threw six solid innings, allowing two runs on five hits and four walks, while fanning four. He's now 4-2 on the year.
- Chad Gaudin allowed three runs in two innings of relief.
- Kerry Wood threw a perfect 9th and struck out two of the three hitters he faced.
- Nick Swisher is fine after fouling a ball off his knee in the 7th and leaving the game. He's day-to-day.
- Tampa won so the Yanks are still tied for first. Boston was rained out so the Yankees gain a half-game on them, but they play a doubleheader today.
The rubber game of this three-game series is tonight in Toronto with Phil Hughes facing Brett Cecil. First pitch is 7:07 p.m., and the game will be on YES.
PLAYER OF THE GAME: Mark Teixeira
HONORABLE MENTION: Jorge Posada