- The SF Giants beat the Phillies last night to set up what should be the least watched and cared about World Series in history.
- Damaso Marte had labrum surgery this Friday and will begin throwing again after the 2011 All-Star break.
- Javier Vazquez has already been linked to the Washington Nationals... See ya Javy, don't let the door hit you on the way out.... I still can't believe they gave up Arodys Vizcaino for this guy.
- Andy Pettitte isn't sure what he's going to do next season, which is better than knowing he is going to retire.
I think Andy has at least one more year left in that arm and if he does come back the Yankees starting staff will be in a lot better shape heading into next season. Without him, it's really just CC and a bunch of question marks.
“I wish I could tell you, I really do,” Pettitte said. “I wish I knew. I’m just not sure. The only thing I know right now is I love taking the mound every fifth day. Unfortunately there’s a lot of other stuff that — at this point, at this stage of my life –that I don’t like about baseball. It obviously just has to do with the family.
“Just go home, let this settle in, and really probably try not to think about this for a little while. And then just figure out what I want to do. I don’t want to make any rash decisions. I wish I knew. I really do. I wish I know what I was going to do right now, but I just don’t.”
- After Friday night's loss, Brian Cashman said that bringing back Joe Girardi will be the first priority of the offseason. Starting pitching and resigning Jeter and Mo are also tops on his list.