Thursday, August 28, 2008

This is an absolute disgrace

Many people have been wondering how badly the restaurant in center would obstruct the view of people sitting on either side of it. Well folks, if you enjoy sitting in the bleachers (like I do) and you happen to be in one of the 300 seats near the restaurant, this will be your (obstructed) view of the game, and it get even worse if you are closer to the wall.

For $1.3 billion, you would think the Yankees could build a stadium without obstructed views. If I was one of the idiots who designed this place I'd be ashamed of myself.


I got this rendering from IO Media. They just came out with a 3D seating chart of the stadium where you can check out the view from every section. It can be found here: http://yankees.io-media.com/

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? I never thought it would be that bad. Wow, I can't believe this.

Greg Cohen said...

Me neither.

M-Rod said...

thats okay after nights like last night i tend to drink myself into oblivion and i cant see the field by the 6th inning no matter where i sit

Anonymous said...

The new stadium sucks. I was checking out the views from the upper deck as well, and not only are you a mile and a half away from the field, but you still can't see the corners of the outfield from certain seats.

Mike B. said...

This is indeed hard to believe. Perhaps it's because certain folks in the Yankees organization despise The Bleacher Creatures? Or is it merely a ploy to get folks to spring for more expensive seats? I still can't believe it, guys!

Mike

Anonymous said...

This is ridiculous.
I hope for the people that are buying those seats sake that this is messed up or something like that.
Hopefully im not sitting there next year, im gonna sit 2 sections over!!! lol

Jason @ IIATMS said...

That's just abysmal. I hope it's not going to be that bad. I mean, a Hard Rock is bad enough; to block paying customers is inexcusable!