Monday, September 8, 2008

Bernie To Visit the Old Stadium One More Time?

From Tyler Kepner:

Asked if Williams would visit Yankee Stadium during the final home stand, Fortunato seemed to indicate that he would. Williams has not returned in public to the Stadium since his last game there as a player in 2006.

“Those details are all being worked out as we speak,” [Steve] Fortunato said. “As soon as there’s something official or final, we will work on that. All that stuff is being worked on right now. I think it’s going to be a good day.”

It will be nice to see Bernie back at The Stadium, it's about time. I wonder what they have planned. Back on July 12th there was a report that the Yankees might have a Bernie Williams' Day at The Stadium, so that's a possibility.

4 Comments:

Bostowned said...

Retire the number!

Greg Cohen said...

Yes, I agree. It needs to be done.

Mike said...

I say they should do it at the last game (since I'll be there).

M-Rod said...

some cat I met in the shitter at safeco said that he had some inside poop that they were going to retire #51 on Sept 21st at the last dance. dont know how credible the source is.