Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Former Yank Hits Milestone Homer

Former Yankee Gary Sheffield hit Major League Baseball's 250,000th home run. He hit number 250,000 in the second inning of yesterday's game off Oakland's Gio Gonzalez, and it was a grand slam. Sheffield had also hit no. 249,999 in the first inning.
(AP Photo/Duane Burleson)
The statistic comes courtesy of Sean Forman at Baseball-Reference.com, which has been conducting a countdown toward the milestone event on his site with research from David Vincent with the Society for American Baseball Research.
I was bored, and figured you people might like to know about this.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

so no one in baseball hit a homerun between the time he hit his first and second? ( b/c it says he hit # 249,999 also)

Thats alot of "see-ya"s, or "its outttaa here"! or like the faggot white sox announcers, "you can put it on the board!.. yes!"

If there was instant replay there would be 2,000 more.

Greg Cohen said...

It was inning apart so it's possible.

Anonymous said...

did u see teh newest schilling comment, regarding ny and "its excitment over tom brady's injury." well jets fans are happy to know that we have a shot at the division, not the fact that brady went down,.. i hate him,( tom and curt) so much, but it sucks he's hurt.he's great to watch, and it makes it better when u beat those massholes, right giants fans?

F*CK U CURT SCHILLING

Anonymous said...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8543068?MSNHPHMA

Curt really is a loser. He's the one guy I was jumping for joy when I found out he was hurt. Not b/c I feared him, but b/c we wouldnt have to hear from him all the time. And the site of him makes me want to stab my eyes out.

Greg Cohen said...

Yea I saw that. I was going to post something about it, but decided not to.

I'm a Giants fan, and yes, beating Brady made it that much sweeter when they beat them last year.

It sucks that he's out for the year, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I've got the Cowboys to worry about.

As for Schilling, he's always been an idiot so why would I expect him to change.