Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hughes on his way to the Bronx

Chad Jennings is reporting that Phil Hughes was called up to New York after tonight's Governors' Cup clincher. Jennings had this to say:
Not sure when he's going to pitch for New York or what his role is going to be, but the guy was dealing his last two starts here in Triple-A and looked as big league ready as any pitcher I've seen.
Due to tonight's rain out the Yanks will need a starter on Wednesday so I'm assuming that's when he will start.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw his last few starts, and he's really looked good. His fastball has been going where he wants it to go, and his curveball looks like it's improved a bit. His slider also looks decent. Maybe we can see the real Phil Hughes and not that bum who pitched in April.

Greg Cohen said...

Yea, I saw last night's game. He was nasty. His curve looked a lot sharper. I would like to see a little more speed on his fastball, though.