Thursday, January 15, 2009

Rest In Peace to Fellow Blogger Todd Drew

Todd Drew wrote for Yankees For Justice, and Bronx Banter, and today Todd passed away and the far too young age of 41.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I knew the guy on a personal level, because I didn't. He and I exchanged emails a couple times, and that's as far as our relationship went, but that doesn't change how bad I feel about this loss. He was one of us; he was a blogger - and a damn good one - a Yankees fan, and from all accounts a very good guy. I feel terrible for his family and friends.

This is a quote from his wife that was posted by Alex Belth over on Bronx Banter: “Todd lost the last game of the season in the bottom of the 9th inning just after midnight. His dear friend Michael and I were with him and he went very peacefully. While we were sharing the ipod listening to Regina Carter (jazz violinist), he opened his eyes for just a moment.”

For more on Todd, read this post from Alex Belth and this from Peter Abraham.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I read Yankees for Justice all the time, it was great. This is indeed a sad day. Rest in peace Todd.

RockinDaBronx said...

thats crazy, way to young. Prayers for his family.