Thursday, August 6, 2009

Kennedy Throws 25 Pitches Off Mini-Mound

From the AP via the NY Post:

Right-hander Ian Kennedy, still recovering from an aneurysm this year, threw 25 pitches off a mini-mound Tuesday and hopes to play in minor league games before the season ends.

... He will have another session Friday on a mound half the usual 10-inch height.

"Another hurdle cleared," Kennedy said. "I felt really good. I'm happy with that. I'm happy with the progress. I'm still on schedule and haven't had any problems yet."

"I saw the doctor last week, and he's real happy with all my tests and the results," Kennedy said. "It's been going really well."

The reports also mentions that Kennedy plans to play in the Puerto Rico winter league.

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

good for ipk

Greg Cohen said...

Yea, he'll be dominating minor leaguers before we know it.

Anonymous said...

I think he's gonna be a sleeper next year

Greg Cohen said...

It's certainly possible.

Mike B. said...

Trade him. I don't like guys who looked scared on the major league mound.

Mike

YankeePride3 said...

I wonder what kind of trade value this guy has right now, or will have after the Winter League. I hope he can get right and build some value. Or even if not, he may be one of the first one or two guys called on next year if there is an injury.

If he was healthy, I am more than sure he'd be in the rotation right now over Mitre.