Sunday, August 9, 2009

Reggie Buys 'The Black'

From George A. King III:
Jackson has purchased the letters that spelled "YANKEE STADIUM" on the upper ring of the old ballpark and the concrete from the blacked out part of center field, where his third Game 6 World Series homer in 1977 landed.

"I might build a Stadium at home [Carmel], light it up and make it with 100-foot fences so that when I am 75 I can hit a home run at Yankee Stadium," Jackson said.

Jackson didn't say what he paid for the items, but it's believed it costs in the low six figures to get the objects down and out of the old Stadium. Then there is the cost of buying it.

...

"I am really interested in the black," Jackson said. "I want to cut it up to 16-by-20 pieces and give it to friends and charities."
King reminds us that Jason Giambi paid $60,000 for his old locker so the price tag on Reggie's two items must be insane.

2 Comments:

rpb said...

I got a bridge to sell him

Greg Cohen said...

lol I just wish I could afford a couple stadium seats.