Friday, July 16, 2010

Add Another Idiot to the List

I already spoke about the remarks of Rush Limbaugh and Muhammad Cohen (He happens to be a native New Yorker and not British as I stated before. Either way, he's still an idiot.). Now, it's former Red Sox pitcher Bill "Spaceman" Lee:
Lee, who pitched for the Red Sox for 10 seasons, ripped Steinbrenner in a TV interview.

"Trust me, if hell freezes over, he'll be skating," Lee told a reporter for WMUR-9 in Manchester, N.H.

... Lee began the 58-second interview by saying, "As far as Steinbrenner's passing? Good."

During the 1976 season, Lee famously broke his collarbone during a brawl between the Yankees and Red Sox when Graig Nettles tackled him.

Lee said Steinbrenner tried to have him kicked out of the game after the fight. "Steinbrenner tried to have me banned from baseball," he said.

"He said I was an incompetent and I was bad for the game of baseball. Well, I'm not a convicted felon like George Steinbrenner, and he'll take that to his grave."

When the reporter asked Lee if he had any sadness about Steinbrenner dying, Lee said, "I have no sadness. I'm Irish; I'm Catholic, and when you're gone, you're gone."
What a douchebag. Really, that's all I have to say about that.

blog comments powered by Disqus