Sunday, January 13, 2008

Are You Serious?

I saw this on River Ave. Blues today, and it made me want to slam my head into a wall.

The Press Association is reporting:

A long-time baseball fan is suing the New York Yankees over some players' reported use of performance-enhancing drugs, saying he wants repayment for 221 US dollars (£112) in tickets and a public response from his once-beloved team.

"I look at it almost as consumer fraud," said Matthew Mitchell, 30, a Brooklyn resident who said he went to his first game at Yankee Stadium in 1984. "If I'm going to watch a baseball game, then I expect it to be the real thing."

Mr Mitchell wants to be reimbursed for tickets to five games between 2002 and 2007. They include Game 2 of the 2003 World Series, in which pitcher Andy Pettitte led the Yankees to a win.
Mr Mitchell said he filed the lawsuit chiefly because he wanted team representatives "to be forced to come down and answer my claim." A court date is set for February 20.
I'm as upset as the next guy over the apparently rampant steroid use, not only within the Yankees organization, but throughout all of Major League Baseball. This lawsuit, however, is freaking ridiculous. Mr. Mitchell needs to drop the holier-than-thou attitude, and stop wasting other people's time. Please sir, move on with your life, you should just be happy you were lucky enough to see your favorite team win a World Series game.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Lives in Brooklyn and only went to 5 games in 5 years? And considers himself a big fan? B.S.