Saturday, January 19, 2008

Yanks Interested In Wilkerson?

From MLB Trade Rumors:

Rob Bradford of the Boston Herald was able to confirm our rumor from yesterday, that the Red Sox have some interest in Brad Wilkerson. Bradford says Wilkerson, a Boras client, is looking for three years and $21MM. I don't think the Sox would go anywhere near that price.

The same source told me on Friday that the Yankees, A's, and Mariners have expressed interest in Wilkerson as well.
I said the same thing when I first heard about Jason Lane, and Mike Cameron, but what is with the Yankees infatuation with .250 hitters? I know Wilkerson plays first base, and the Yankees need an everyday first baseman, but is Wilkerson really the guy? He hit .234 last season and had a worse ZR than Jason Giambi. If this is true I don't understand it at all. I'd rather the Yankees just go with a platoon at first.

If the Yankees are so interested in mediocre players, why the heck didn't they just keep Doug Mientkiewicz and Andy Phillips?

0 Comments: