Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pettitte: I Just Wanna Pitch

From George A. King III:

February 28, 2008 -- TAMPA -- Andy Pettitte doesn't have to move his lips for you to understand how tortured the pitcher is about his role in a possible prison sentence for Roger Clemens. His eyes tell you this is hell.

"I hate it, there is nothing else to say. You all know how I feel about it," Pettitte said today at Legends Field. "It doesn't take a whole lot to figure what's going on."

Of his words possibly playing a role in Clemens being indicted, Pettitte said, "It's extremely disappointing. Whenever you testify against two guys (Brian McNamee was the other) who are your friends it's extremely difficult."

"Until somebody tells me to go somewhere, I can't do anything," said Pettitte, ..."I have one concern and that is to try and help the New York Yankees. We have all been through so much already, I have to get ready for the season."

"I don't want to answer questions all day. I don't have a whole lot to say about the whole situation," Pettitte said. "I don't like any of this going on, I can't stand it. I told you how I feel about him. It's like part of my family. It's a bad deal."

"To tell you the truth, I am doing great until you guys start asking questions about it," Pettitte said.

Pettitte should have realized this was going to happen. This is the New York media we're talking about, he had to know that he was going to be asked about this over and over and over again, and that this would remain a major issue for a long time.

I just hope it doesn't hurt his game, because then he'll have to add Yankee fans booing him to his growing list of problems.

0 Comments: