Thursday, February 21, 2008

ARod Says Jeter Will Have an MVP Season

First of all I want to say that I think it's good that these two are going back and forth with the these compliments. As superficial as it may seem, I think this stuff can be good for the team. It's good for teammates to have confidence in each other. Yesterday it was Jeter, when he told the media that "Alex is as good as they come. Without him, you'd have to have four or five guys replace him in the lineup."

Today it was A-Rod's turn
to compliment Jeter. While speaking to the media he said that he expects the Yankees Captain to be this year's MVP.

“I think Jeter is going to have an MVP season. That’s my prediction for the year,” Rodriguez said. “And Bobby’s going to have a monster year.”

“I think [Jeter's] going to have an explosive, monster season. I think he’s in great shape. I think he did some great things this winter with his workouts. I’m very excited for his year.”

Think about how far they've come in just one year. Last year at this time A-Rod was saying how he and Jeter weren't as close as they once were. This year they're trading compliments.

0 Comments: