Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Canseco Continues to Defend Clemens

Yesterday USA Today that Roger Clemens' lawyer Rusty Hardin, turned over evidence to congressional lawyers, including an affidavit from Canseco, which supposedly proves Clemens didn't attend Canseco's party.

On Tuesday the AP got a hold of the affidavit. Here are some of Canseco's quotes:

"I have never had a conversation with Clemens in which he expressed any interest in using steroids or human growth hormone. Clemens has never asked me to give him steroids or human growth hormone, and I have never seen Clemens use, possess or ask for steroids or human growth hormone."

"I have played on three teams with Roger Clemens and I have no reason to believe that he has ever used steroids, human growth hormone, or any other performance enhancing drugs."


About the infamous party at Canseco's house: "I specifically recall that Clemens did not come to the bar-b-que. I remember this because I was disappointed that he did not attend. I later learned that he had a golfing commitment that day and could not attend the party."

0 Comments: