Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Media Actually Found Something Hank Doesn't Want to Talk About: Kei Igawa

From George A. King III:

March 1, 2008 -- TAMPA - Hank Steinbrenner was done talking about the wonderful pitching performance turned in by Generation Trey against USF yesterday at Legends Field when he was asked about Kei Igawa's miserable outing against the Big East school.

"Let's not bring that up," Steinbrenner said. "Hopefully we can straighten him out."

Igawa had this to say:

"My control was pretty good," said Igawa, oblivious to the walks and hit batter.

"What I would like to do is to get more control when I am throwing harder. Today, I felt like I was throwing too low."

Too low?!? Isn't that what everyone wanted Igawa to do: to keep the ball down? Maybe he meant his arm was too low in his delivery, who knows.

0 Comments: