Friday, April 18, 2008

Canseco's "Max" Identified

From ESPN:

NEW YORK -- A man named Joseph Dion says he is the person identified in Jose Canseco's book as "Max," the person Canseco claims was a steroids dealer he introduced to Alex Rodriguez, Sports Illustrated reported on its Web site Friday.

"That's gotta be me," Dion was quoted as saying during a Tuesday interview with SI.

Dion said he trained Rodriguez for four years when A-Rod was with Seattle. Dion denied Canseco's account in "Vindicated" that "Max" was a fan of steroids.

"That's really, really funny because I am the one person that hates steroids," Dion was quoted as saying. "I'm against it 100 percent. And, A-Rod, at the time that I trained him -- and this I swear to God -- was 100 percent against steroids. He was one of the hardest working guys, and most natural guy, that I've met in my life. He hated steroids. We talked about it."

Dion said he would speak with federal investigators if they wanted to interview him, SI reported.

Peter Abraham is reporting that A-Rod told the media that he does know Dion, and that he's “A good man, a real good man, actually. I had no idea he even knew (Canseco).” He also said he speaks to Dion "4 or 5" during the winter.

So it looks like Canseco was lying after all. Yes, A-Rod met with "Max," but "Max" was not a steroid dealer. Good for A-Rod. Now shouldn't Canseco be sued?

0 Comments: