Thursday, April 10, 2008

New Titles for Hank and Hal

Mark Fiensand is reporting that George Steinbrenner gave his sons, daughters and wife new titles in the organization. Hank and Hal are now co-chairpersons. And Jennifer Steinbrenner Swindal, Jessica Steinbrenner and Joan Steinbrenner were named as vice chairpersons. George Steinbrenner's titles has also changed; he went from pricipal owner to franchise's chairperson.

“I am excited to announce these titles,” George Steinbrenner said in a
statement. “I am pleased to work with my two sons, Hal and Hank. With me, they
will jointly oversee the club on a day to day basis. I am also gratified to
recognize the leadership of my daughter Jenny in the club’s charitable endeavors
and her involvement with new stadium matters; as well as the contributions of my
wife Joan and daughter Jessica in assisting me.

“Together with my executive team, the New York Yankees are prepared for the future and the exciting challenges the next several years will bring.”

I don't have an opinion of this at all, it's not going to change things one way or another, but I guess it's news.

0 Comments: