Friday, May 2, 2008

Murcer Back to the Booth on Friday

Here's something rare, good news. Bobby Murcer will be in the broadcast booth on Friday night when the Yankees take on the Seattle Mariners. This will be the first time he'll be in the booth since having a biopsy in March at the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas.

From Bryan Hoch:
"I wish I had a word to describe it, to tell you the truth," Murcer said. "I really wish I had a way to describe it. It's been absolutely wonderful, all the support that's been afforded me and the prayers. God has just blessed me, what can I say?"
Murcer was operated on in December 2006 for incurable brain cancer, and since the surgery, Murcer has been undergoing regular MRI scans every other month. Thursday marked his first trip to Yankee Stadium since the conclusion of the 2007 season.

"Any time I walk through these halls and be in this place here, talking about baseball, man, that's right up my alley," Murcer said.
Murcer will be in the booth for Saturday's game as well.

Welcome back Bobby!

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear Bobby Murcer is doing well! I wanted to let you know we are having a walk/run to raise money for Brain Cancer Research on June 28. All the proceeds will benefit the Advanced Center for Brain Tumor Treatment at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle. On the website, http://www.braincancerwalk.org people can go to donate funds, register to walk, and get more information! Please help us spread the word and raise awareness and money to find a cure.

Good luck to Bobby and the Yankees in the rest of the Season! You guys sure swept us last night! ;)

Katie