Monday, September 22, 2008

Some photos from last night

Here's some photos I took last night. I hope you enjoy them.

While waiting on line to try to get to the field I ran out to section 1 in the tiers to take this shot.


This was the line of people attempting to make it onto the field. Most people, including myself did not even come close to getting to the end of the line and making it on the field. The line literally started on the field level around section 2 heading towards the left field corner, and wrapped all the way around up to the tiers in the right field corner and back.




Several hours later watching BP from my seats:
Tier box 625, row D, seats 13 & 14.


One game to go...


The field is ready.


John Sterling and Michael Kay go over their lines.


Some pics of the pre-game ceremony:

The unveiling of the Original 1922 AL Champions Banner.


The "1923 Yankees" and other Yankees ghosts.
Yankee Legends being introduced.
The Star Spangled Banner.
The Yankees greats leave the field.
The ceremonial first pitch thrown by Babe Ruth's
daughter Julia to Yankees' catcher Jorge Posada.
Pettitte heads in from the bullpen one last time.
And the Yankees take the field.
Andy warming up.
PLAY BALL!!!
Yankee Stadium "FOREVER"
The total attendance at Yankee Stadium.
Jeter up with the bases loaded - he struck out.
After the bottom of the 6th, my mother received a call from a friend who was sitting about
five or six rows behind home plate on the field level. Two seats had just opened up
(don't ask me why or how) and the person wanted us to move down to sit with them.
You don't have to ask me twice.

Ronan Tynan singing God Bless America.
A-Rod
The Captain
The Yankees Dugout
Mo reaches the Yankee Stadium mound for the last time.
Mo warming up.
The Final Pitch.
Yankees win, THAAAA YANKEES WIN!!!!
Jeter thanks the fans. I thought Jeter's speech was great.
For some reason I forgot to take a picture of the scoreboard when the game ended, but about 45 minutes later I remembered and snapped this photo.
One last look.

8 Comments:

Mike B. said...

Greg,

Thank you ever so much for posting these photos. I feel like I was there. I'll open my office door again once I stop tearing up....

Mike

Greg Cohen said...

Glad to hear it.

And you're very welcome.

Bill-DC said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

great pics.. its now starting to hit me.

greg, do u think u can make a folder or seperate section to keep these pictures in, like up at the top in the navigation section? so in the future we can look at them when ever we want. if you cant its ok.

thank you.

Anonymous said...

o nevermind, i found it on the side.

Greg Cohen said...

Dan you mean a link to these pictures in the nav section?

Anonymous said...

no its ok, i clicked yankee stadium in the topics section and they were there. its ok thanks.

Greg Cohen said...

Oh alright.