Friday, January 23, 2009

Astros Don't Expect to Bid on Pettitte

From Kristie Rieken:
[Drayton] McLane addressed the possibility that Pettitte could make a return to Houston as negotiations with the Yankees stalled. Pettitte also pitched for Houston from 2004-06.

"We're pretty well set," he said. "I don't see us entering into the negotiations."

But he didn't completely nix the possibility, adding: "But it's a long time until spring training."

To me this sounds like he's saying unless Pettitte significantly lowers his asking price we're out of it.

In other news regarding potential Yankees starting pitching targets, Ben Sheets had a "positive" meeting today with the Texas Rangers.

9 Comments:

Mike Rook said...

I still think let petite go and sign anyone else.I. Don't lnow why I dislike him so much. But I would rather have ponson then that geedy ba******. The yankees better move on sheets soon

Mike Rook said...

I still think let petite go and sign anyone else.I. Don't lnow why I dislike him so much. But I would rather have ponson then that geedy ba******. The yankees better move on sheets soon

Anonymous said...

Ponson, wow, learn your baseball. I want Hughes.

SugarKing said...

i want hughes.....and i am one of the few who think he can be better than joba. i hate andy.
he left us once, lied about the hgh, then puts himself on a pedastal saying he is a person faith.
f*** him.

Anonymous said...

I agree King, although I don't think Hughes will be the next Joba, I think he will be way more effective in the number 4/5 slot in the rotation than Pettitte. I am sick of people saying "Pettitte is a veteran, he is a big game pitcher, blah blah blah." Pettitte WAS a big game pitcher, you get old, and you can't play anymore. Thats like when people said "The Giants made a good move, Randy Johnson is a HOFamer, greatest left hander of our generation. HE WAS! NO HE SUCKS!

Mike B. said...

No Andy under any circumstances.

Mike

Greg Cohen said...

You guys do know there is still a very good chance he ends up signing here again, right?

Anonymous said...

Don't count on it Greg.

IRONPIGPEN said...

search:

"Kennedy Yankees Opening Day Starter"

lvironpigs.wordpress.com