Sunday, January 11, 2009

Yanks Considered Swisher for Cameron?

From Tom Haudricourt (hat tip to WasWatching.com):
The Yankees still have interest in acquiring Brewers centerfielder Mike Cameron after talks broke off in late December. They recently floated the idea of swapping first baseman/outfielder Nick Swisher for Cameron.
I don't like this idea at all.

But that might not even matter, because according to Brewers GM Doug Melvin, it appears that they will not be trading Cameron soon:
"I'm not motivated to move him," said Melvin, who promised Cameron he would only trade him to a contender. "Having a good defensive centerfielder is valuable."
As I've said from the start I don't think the Yankees need Mike Cameron.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right. The Yankees don't need Cameron so they should stop trying to deal for him. I think we should keep Swisher and Nady. You can't have too many reserves.

Anonymous said...

Cashman should be fired if he does this trade. Thank god the Steinbrenner's money saves him from all the mistakes he made. Cameron sucks I rather have Brett Gardner playing CF.