Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Posada: "I Have No Pain"

From Mark Feinsand:
Jorge Posada made about 100 throws on Sunday, including 15 from a distance of 220 feet and another 10 from home plate to second base. The catcher felt fine immediately afterward, but the true test for his surgically repaired shoulder came when he woke up Monday.

"I feel good today," Posada said. "There's no pain, so every day I'm able to bounce back from all that throwing, I'm progressing. We still haven't even started games yet, so I'm really happy with it."

Feinsand went on to say that Jorge won't be able to catch in a game until the second week of March.

Ken Davidoff had these quotes from Posada and Girardi:
"The ball was coming [out] good," he said. "I wasn't really forcing. I only forced the last three. I'll tell you what, I feel good today. There's no pain today, and every day I'm able to bounce back from all that throwing - 500-and-something throws - I'm just progressing. We haven't started games yet, so I'm really happy."

As is Joe Girardi:

"He threw great," the manager said. "It's substantially different than what I saw four or five days ago. The velocity on it was really good."
Posada remains confident that he will be able to catch on opening day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great to hear that Jorge is feeling great. Hopefully he'll have a nice productive season.

Greg Cohen said...

It's very important that they have a healthy Posada this year. He's so important to this team.

Also, great job with The Voice of the Yankees Universe. The site is looking good.