Friday, February 6, 2009

Some Swisher Info From Stark

From Jayson Stark:
the Braves seem to have emerged as the club most interested in Yankees outfielder Nick Swisher. But there are indications the teams got hung up when the Braves asked the Yankees to eat some of the $22.05 million Swisher has coming over the next three years -- and got turned down flat.
Good. If the Yanks are gonna trade Swisher - which they shouldn't - they better not pick up a dime of that salary.

I can't say this enough, but having a deep bench is a GOOD thing.

Here's another note about Swisher; apparently he's been on a diet this offseason and has dropped 16 lbs.

Chocolate milk served as part of Swisher's post-workout regiment this past offseason. Not only did he train at Hall of Fame Chiropractic, but he also practiced at his father's hitting camp in Williamstown.

"I've lost 16 pounds and got myself into good physical shape," Swisher said.

So I guess that's another reason not to trade him.

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont understand why they would even entertain a Swisher trade. Matsui and Posada are coming off injuries who knows how much they will play. Yankees need Swisher.

Greg Cohen said...

I totally agree.

Anonymous said...

They definitely shouldn't trade him. check out the pic on that link, he is lookin' skinny.

Anonymous said...

Hey check it out, he's not the only one who lost 16 lbs.

Anonymous said...

I am, under most circumstances, a big Cashman supporter. But if he deals Swish with all of the uncertainty of health on the team, I will really be pissed.

Anonymous said...

his gf is a hot piece of arse too! holla

Brian Danuff said...

BREAKING NEWS:

SI reports A-Rod tested positive for steroids in 2003 when he won the MVP Award (.298 BA, 47 HRS, 118 RBIs)

I really thought he had natural talent, not help from 'roids.

So guys, what do ya think?

Anonymous said...

The guy is mest up. And yes I thought it was natural talent. Very very dissipointing.