Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Wanger is Healthy and Ready To Go

From Peter Abraham:
The Wanger looked good. He got to Arizona in mid January and worked out for several weeks with a trainer before coming here. He has thrown off the mound twice and will again tomorrow.

Wang said his foot has totally healed and he is ready to go.
He also said he was happy about the additions of CC Sabathia and A.J. Burnett to the rotation:
“Great for us,” he said. “We have a good rotation. I was glad.”
Other players seen getting in some early work down in Tampa today were Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, Nick Swisher, Brett Gardner, Joba Chamberlain, Phil Hughes, and Mark Melancon.

Nice to see all the early arrivals in Tampa getting prepared for the season.

5 Comments:

Brian Danuff said...

Man I'm so pumped for the '09 season! And honestly, I really think they could go all the way.

(and that's not only becasue I'm a Yankee fan!)

Anonymous said...

This is going to be a great year. Hopefully.

Greg Cohen said...

It should be a good year if everything goes as planned, but as we know things never work out as planned.

And I was really excited, but to be honest, this A-Rod has really knocked my excitement level down a few notches.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way Greg.

Tom said...

I thought the A-Rod thing was going to kill my expectations for the season, and then I heard about Joba throwing off the mound.

I'm back to being pumped for the season.