Saturday, March 7, 2009

CC Talks About His Spring Debut

First, from Peter Abraham:
"I was trying to make sure all my pitches were working decently," he said. "I wanted to make sure I was keeping the ball down. It's early still, but you still want to work down in the strike zone."
And then there were these quote from Mark Feinsand:

"It felt good to get out there and start competing," Sabathia said. "I felt like I hadn't been out there in forever. Guys have thrown two or three times and that was my first time out."

...

"When it's the first time out and you haven't been out there in four or five months, you just get used to being back on the mound," Sabathia said. "Get in your routine and try to find a pace to work at."

...

"It's been quiet with everything that's been going on, but I'm just trying to get ready for the season," Sabathia said. "Being my first camp, I've been able to come in and fly under the radar, just get ready."
Former Yankee Gary Sheffield also told CC that New York would love him:

Gary Sheffield, who grounded out to third base in his only at-bat against Sabathia Friday night, said the big lefty sought him out this winter to ask him about playing in New York.

"I told him, 'They're going to love you,'" Sheffield said. "He's a strikeout pitcher, and they love strikeouts there. He's going to be fine."

Sheff is right.

2 Comments:

Brian Danuff said...

There's a really nice video of CC in action last night on No Maas.

You should really check it out.

Greg Cohen said...

I saw it, it's pretty cool. I just wish it was longer.