Friday, March 6, 2009

MLB Bans "A-Fraud" Jerseys

From Mark Feinsand:

For those Red Sox and Mets fans hoping to take their shots at Alex Rodriguez with a smart-alecky jersey, I have some bad news.

According to my good buddy Darren Rovell of CNBC, the folks at MLB.com have banned the name "A-Fraud" from being sold on personalized jerseys. The name "A-Roid" is also not accepted on the site.

Just to check this out, I went to the site to see how they would explain turning away the business. When I tried to enter "A-Fraud," the following message appeared:

"Your current entry cannot be processed. Language deemed inappropriate, derogatory, or profane will not be accepted. Please create a new entry."

If you're asking me, I think MLB is costing themselves a nice chunk of change with this one.

0 Comments: