Wednesday, April 8, 2009

YES, Verizon Come Together on Video-on-Demand Pact

From YESNetwork.com:
The YES Network, the most-watched regional sports network in the country for the past six years, and Verizon, the only major provider that delivers all-digital TV service over an advanced all-fiber network straight to customers' homes, have reached a multiyear video-on-demand agreement.

The agreement will provide Verizon's FiOS TV digital subscribers throughout New York state and in north and central New Jersey access for the first time to telecasts of New York Yankees games and other YES programming on demand. The YES on-demand programming will be available beginning Wednesday (April 8). This makes Verizon the first distributor to offer Yankees games on demand.

In addition to YES' Yankees telecasts, FiOS TV customers will have access to other YES programming such as the network's Emmy Award-winning Yankees post-game shows and "Yankees On Deck" series, the Emmy-nominated "CenterStage" interview show, "The Joe Girardi Show" and "Yankees Magazine."

Damn it, I wish Time Warner had this.

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Now if they only fix the camera angle from behind home plate to avoid the screen...

adam said...

(Reportedly/It is rumored that) Verizon is going to deliver the YES network to a national audience soon, too. Color me (in Maryland) stoked if this turns out to be true.

Anonymous said...

Just checked my Fios menu, ITS THERE!!! Pretty sweet to have, gunna save me some DVR space. Also SNY has its own on demand feature as well.

Fios users can hit on demand, scroll to Fios1local, YES and SNY are there.

Greg Cohen said...

That's really cool anon, I may have to make the switch to Fios.

Anonymous said...

Well If your thinking about a switch make sure its available in your area. Took them about 3 months to rig my block, so I was stuck waiting.

Its a bit pricey, for 149 a month I get TV(All basic channels, Music Choice stations, Stars, Encore, TMC and Showtime), Internet and phone.

I think the quality is good, I can notice a picture difference at least.

Anonymous said...

Also a lot of people say that Fios is lame for charging for HD stations, but I noticed no extra charge on my bill and You get the movie stations on demand for free if you subscribe to them, unlike cablevision I had to pick o.d. up on each network for an additional 4.99 a month.

Anonymous said...

stupid verizon claims that they can't hook up their HD service to me b/c i live on a corner house. does that make sense to anyone?

Greg Cohen said...

No that makes no sense at all.

Anonymous said...

^^^^ by the way all my neighbors have it hooked up though, so its not that it isnt available on my block. just the corner houses