Thursday, May 28, 2009

Posada's Headed To Cleveland

UPDATED 7:41 p.m.: Marc Carig just spoke with Brian Cashman and Cash told him that Melky will be available to come off the bench in Cleveland.

According to this report from the AP, Jorge Posada played six innings in an extended spring training game today. He then told the media he was scheduled to head to Cleveland to rejoin the Yankees (But it won't be at the Ritz Carlton.).

"The hamstring is feeling good," Posada said. "I'm happy with everything. The most important thing was just running, seeing some pitches and getting the timing down."

Posada made two strong throws to second on stolen bases attempts, recording one out and being denied a second when the second baseman dropped the ball.

Xavier Nady, out with a right elbow injury, was the designated hitter and had two hits in five at-bats. He hit an opposite-field homer to right, singled and also walked.

Nady is scheduled to resume throwing Monday.

Backup catcher Jose Molina (strained left quadriceps) worked out at the Yankees' minor league complex in Tampa, but hasn't started playing in extended spring training games.

Peter Abraham also is reporting that Cashman confirmed that Posada will be activated tomorrow. Cashman also told Abraham that Melky Cabrera showed improvement today.

12 Comments:

Brian Danuff said...

Alright! Now let's see if Posada can comeback and be a real contributor like he was in April.

I know many think he'll DH in the first couple of games, but if he played 6 innings of catcher today, he may be ready.

Anonymous said...

The yankees got to keep 3 catchers. Both Cash and Cervelli both need to stay up. You cant trust Posada will be able to catch as often as they would like. And by having 3 catchers you can pinch hit Posada on his off days or use him as a DH.

But if they do send down a catcher. I would send down Cervelli because he is very young and having him sitting on the bench will not be good for his devolopment.

I would DFA Angel Berroa.

Brian Danuff said...

holy crap!

I just got my summer camp caledner(I go to summer camp every summer), and on August 2nd the 7th grade is going to go on the tour of the New Yankee Stadium!! I'm so excited!

They did it every year in camp for 7th grade at the old Yankee Stadium, but I was worried that they wouldn't be able to book a tour in the new one when I was in 7th grade. Well I am now and I'm going to the new Yankee Stadium!!

Greg Cohen said...

That's cool, when I was your age my camp used to go to a game a year, one of the mid-week day games.

Brian Danuff said...

cool

crossfire said...

Have a great time Yankeeboy. Your first time to the Stadium is going to be very exciting. Have a great time.

My older son is 20 now but his day-care used to go to a day game every day game every year. One day they said that they were going to do a tour of the Stadium and needed parents to chaperon. My son raised his hand and said that I would do it. They told him he had to ask me first. He said "No I don't."

He was right of course. The tour was great. Back then you used to walk right across the field into the dugout. Then we went into the dugout and I stood in front of Munson's locker. Got some great pics.

I took a tour of the Stadium last year just before they stopped and it was great but they didn't let us into the locker room.

This year, I took a tour of the new Stadium the second day they were available and it was a good tour but it was a day game and they didn't take us near the locker room. I'll do another later in the year on an off day.

Brian Danuff said...

Oh I'm sorry, it's not my first time going to the Stadium, it's the first time going on the tour. I went to the 1st game on April 3rd.

I took a tour of the old stadium with my family back in April. The Pope Mass was just a couple of days ago, so they didn't let us go into the clubhouse or locker room either. But we did go to Monument Park, the dugout, ah it was amazing man.

Also, thanks crossfire.

Great story crossfire

Brian Danuff said...

of last year.

nutballgazette said...

Yankeeboy98 "B-Boy"

I was 9 when I went to the OLD Stadium (Old Timers day 1965)It was a big thrill , I Hope to make it to the New stadium this year. At least you got to tour the Old Stadium, I never got to do that.
Enjoy your time there, You sound like a Great Fan.

Brian Danuff said...

Thanks guys. I've met some really nice people since joining Blogger 2years ago (and you guys are some of 'em)

Well, got a big test tomorrow. Night guys.

Greg Cohen said...

Night dude, good luck on the test.

Tony said...

I'm not surprised.