Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Yanks Acquire Hirsh

Bryan Hoch is reporting that the Yankees have acquired RHP Jason Hirsch from Rockies for player to be named. Hirsch has been assigned to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

In 32 games (29 starts) for the Rockies the 27-year-old is 8-11, with a 5.32 ERA. In Triple-A this season he's 6-7, with a 6.66 ERA in 20 games (16 starts). In 101.1 innings he's allowed 75 earned runs on 130 hits, walked 35 and struck out 59. Opponents are hitting .310 against him.

Now, I'm not sure on the spelling of his name, Hoch has "Hirsch" but baseball-reference and ESPN have Hirsh. I'll go with the latter for now.

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Numbers are not so great, 130 Hits, 35 walks, 59 SO in 101 innings....yikes.

Greg Cohen said...

Yea, this move doesn't get me too excited. Cashman probably isn't intended on having him pitch in the pros, but maybe he fixes himself. Who knows?

Regardless it's not going to cost them much.

Anonymous said...

This move is going to do nothing but help them, they didn't give up anything, maybe they can catch lightning in a bottle? If he stinks leave him where he is.

Greg Cohen said...

True, plus Scranton was desperately in need of a starter.

Mike R. said...

Jason Hirsh was a highly regarded prospect from Houston. He was traded to the Rockies with Willy Taveras in the Jason Jennings deal, I believe.

This is exactly the move I wanted the Yanks to make. He has a chance to be the next Chacon (the good one), and if he doesn't, it wasn't exactly a high-risk move.

Mike R. said...

Represent your religion, Jason! Make me proud!

:)

Bryan Hoch said...

It's Hirsh. My bad.

Greg Cohen said...

Hey Bryan, no problem at all. I just think it's cool that you posted a comment on my blog.

misterd said...

So he stunk in the majors AND AAA? I gotta admit, we don't have any of those.

Mike N. said...

Just a depth move. I believe Scranton was short a starter.