Thursday, October 15, 2009

2010, Joe Torre's final curtain?

2 years ago Joe Torre left the Yankees. Some felt heartbreak when we learned he was leaving, then we felt heartache after learning of the circumstances that led to his departure. Joe Torre was a star here in NY and it was hard saying good-bye.

Then we learned that Joe was going to LA to start a new chapter in his managerial career. Since going to LA Joe has won 2 more division titles and appeared in 2 more post season. This year he's trying to lead the Dodger's past the Phillies in hopes to getting to the World Series one more time.

The post season is not the news here. The news is, Joe may be inking his final line-up cards in 2010. From Fox Via the AP Joe has this to say just days before the NLCS started,

"I have one year on my contract and I don't anticipate it being more than that, I've said that before and my wife doesn't believe me at all."

If this is truly it for Joe all I can say is what a career. His time here in New York was truly historic and will be a period in Yankees history never forgotten. 4 world titles and appearing in the post season every year he was here is going to be hard to forget. I know some fans doubted Joe towards the end, and questioned his moves and motives, for that I leave you with one final quote from Fox,

"I never get tired of this stuff, that's one thing I found out," he said. "You think once you win it, you say, 'OK, I got it, I don't need to do this anymore,' but you do. You need to do it."

What do you think? Is this really it for Mr. Torre?

blog comments powered by Disqus