Sunday, October 18, 2009

Davidoff: Holliday Wants To Play In NY

From Ken Davidoff:
According to a person in the loop, Matt Holliday's top choices in free agency are: 1) Yankees; and 2) Mets. The Oklahoma native is apparently not intimidated by New York.

As of now, I'd say the Yankees don't want to make another large purchase like that, in the wake of last winter's shopping spree - and if they win it all, then the pressure from the yakosphere (trademark Neil Best) to get Holliday should alleviate.
I know you should never base any kind of opinion on a baseball player on one play, but that dropped ball that cost the Cards any chance of beating the Dodgers really bothers me. His numbers in the AL this year also don't impress me. If I'm the Yanks I have no interest in dropping a huge chunk of change on a guy who hit .286/.378/.454 in 93 games for the A's this year.

blog comments powered by Disqus